[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Document Library (ping to veterans) & Website

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Wed Aug 19 18:35:47 CEST 2015

Hi

Over the past 15 years NCUC has generated a lot of policy statements, letters, replies to public comments, etc (since 2011, most of this gets done under the NCSG flag).  It would be good if material we have produced were available in an organized manner, both for our internal purposes (as institutional memory, background for new members, etc.) and externally (so others in the ICANN community and beyond know where we stand on things).  Hence, over the past few years I’ve periodically sent messages to the list asking veterans who have stuff on their hard drives to disgorge the material so we can aggregate it in a simple, publicly accessible manner.

Maryam has been trying to pull together what we have at

http://www.ncuc.org/policy/public-comments/ <http://www.ncuc.org/policy/public-comments/>

http://www.ncuc.org/policy/statements/ <http://www.ncuc.org/policy/statements/>

But the amount we have at hand is really paltry in comparison to what we've actually done.  So this is a periodic reminder message: could people who have ready access to old docs please send them to Maryam?  And yes, when we’ve culled what we can from members this way, of course we could dig through list archives and the GNSO lists etc. in search of attachments…but let’s start with the easy stuff.

BTW, please also consider adding content to the other parts of the website we’ve set up for this purpose— links to ICANN/IG related events and such that people have organized can be posted at http://www.ncuc.org/member-activities/ <http://www.ncuc.org/member-activities/>, blogs done for NCUC or for other personal sites can be listed at http://www.ncuc.org/members-blog/ <http://www.ncuc.org/members-blog/>, and in lieu of a bios page, members’ URLs can be listed at http://www.ncuc.org/about/members/ <http://www.ncuc.org/about/members/>

Sharing information on who we are and what we are doing can be useful in all kinds of ways….

Thanks

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer