[NCUC-DISCUSS] Welcome to our new NCUC members

Edward Morris egmorris1 at toast.net
Tue Apr 14 13:51:37 CEST 2015

Walid,

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Walid AL-SAQAF <walid.al-saqaf at ims.su.se>
wrote:

> I join Bill in welcoming our new members coming from four continents!

I am very disappointed.:)  We still do not have a member from Antarctica.
As Chair of the Membership Affairs Committee  would you be willing to work
with me on some targeted recruiting so we can fill that void?! It would be
nice to claim members from every continent and the internet names and
addressing needs of those of the deepest south would probably prove unique
and important. I'm quite serious - if you are interested, let's do it.

Like Bill and Amr and others, I'd like to welcome our new members to the
NCUC family, A special shout out goes to The Heritage Foundation, a group
whose work on ICANN accountability I've often cited and have been impressed
with. Welcome guys.

If I can help anyone in adjusting to or finding a role here in ICANN or the
NCUC please let me know. So much is going on and the enthusiasm and diverse
perspectives of new participants are always welcome,  Please consider
joining working group, a Constituency Team or volunteering to help write a
public comment. A number us are always willing to help new members so if
you have questions feel free to post them on list or contact myself or
anyone of us who have been here a bit off list.

Welcome to the NCUC!

Ed