[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Survey Results Analysis - Part II

Walid AL-SAQAF walid.al-saqaf at ims.su.se
Thu Apr 30 00:35:27 CEST 2015

Dear all,

I've now continued with the analysis of the NCUC member engagement survey
and have come up with additional findings. With all sorts of possible ways
to analyse the data, I had to decide what I wanted to answer and had them
aggregated in chunks for easier processing. I am continuing in the order
the questions were presented.

In this second part, I analysed the level of engagement of members in ICANN
and NCUC meetings and tried to see if representing an organization made any
difference compared to representing just yourself as an individual.

I also analyzed the skillsets that respondents said they bring to NCUC to
see what important assets we have in our community.

Given that not all of you are able to access Google Drive and given that
access to ncuc.org remains limited in terms of the ability to upload files
and use the website as a storage space, I've uploaded the files to my own
website. You can download the part II of the analysis from here:

https://yemenportal.net/ncuc/part2.docx

Please feel free to point to any errors or issues with the analysis as well
as comments or suggestions.

And for those who couldn't access the first part due to restrictions to
Google drive, you can find it here:

https://yemenportal.net/ncuc/part1.docx

The results of the analysis continue to interest me and as I continue my
work, I guess there will be more interesting findings to come particularly
when addressing obstacles to engagement and proposed measures.

Bear with me in terms of time and speed. I'm doing all this on a voluntary
basis and it turned out to be quite demanding. I also am travel quite a lot
those days so the next part may come after a week or two.

However, I plan to have the complete analysis done and ready for
presentation at ICANN 53.

Sincerely,

Walid

------