[NCUC-DISCUSS] Fwd: Giponet.org now live

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Thu Apr 23 13:39:34 CEST 2015

Hi

The EC presented this at NCUC’s IGF workshop in Istanbul on Institutionalizing the “Clearing House” Function http://www.ncuc.org/events/other-meetings <http://www.ncuc.org/events/other-meetings>.  A related but different initiative is the The NETmundial Solutions Map https://www.netmundial.org/solutions-map <https://www.netmundial.org/solutions-map>, both intended to reduce information costs and friction in searching for knowledge and relationships and assembling distributed governance groups.  Hopefully can grow to be of use for developing country governments and stakeholders in particular. Might be of interest to some here…

Bill

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: <Cristina.MONTI at ec.europa.eu>
> Subject: Giponet.org now live
> Date: April 23, 2015 at 12:08:26 PM GMT+2
> Cc: <Maciej.TOMASZEWSKI at ec.europa.eu>
>
> Dear colleagues,
> I am glad to announce that the website giponet.org <http://giponet.org/en> is now live! This website will allow interested stakeholders to get involved in the creation of the Global Internet Policy Observatory (GIPO).
> Through this website, users will be able to:
>
> tell the GIPO team what kind of information they wish to get through the Observatory;
> ·         follow online webinars on the project, to directly discuss with the team how to make the tool work for them. The first webinar <http://giponet.org/en/content/webinar-introduction-global-internet-policy-observatory-online-platform> is planned for 30 April;
> ·         find upcoming workshops <http://giponet.org/en/events> that they can attend in person to ask questions and contribute their thoughts. The first such workshop <http://eurodigwiki.org/wiki/Co-designing_the_Global_Internet_Policy_Observatory_%28GIPO%29> will take place during EuroDIG <http://www.eurodig.org/> on 4 June in Sofia;
> ·         find information on how the project advances
> ·         subscribe to the GIPO Newsletter <http://giponet.org/en/newsletter> and social media channels (Twitter <https://twitter.com/gipo_net>, Google+ <https://plus.google.com/u/0/115001429269158222435/posts>, Linkedin <https://www.linkedin.com/company/giponet> and YouTube <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUoP8ZuxRpp0yYtWxI7v0rQ>) to find out more on the state of play of activities and share ideas and proposals.
> A digibyte has also been published on the Digital Agenda website: http://ec.europa.eu/digital-agenda/en/news/how-can-we-help-you-get-more-involved-internet-governance <http://ec.europa.eu/digital-agenda/en/news/how-can-we-help-you-get-more-involved-internet-governance>
>
> Feel free to spread this information to relevant organisations and individuals who might be interested in this project.
> Thanks and kind regards,
> Cristina
>

> CRISTINA MONTI
> International Relations Officer
>   <>
>
> European Commission
> Directorate-General for Communication Networks, Content and Technology
> International Unit
>
> BU25 04/95
> B-1049 Brussels/Belgium
> Office: +32 229 69467 Mobile: +32 460 769467
> cristina.monti at ec.europa.eu <mailto:cristina.monti at ec.europa.eu>
>
> Think before you print!

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer