[NCUC-DISCUSS] Civil society webinar on the IANA stewardship transition & the accountability and governance review

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Thu Apr 23 09:48:03 CEST 2015

Hello

This event is by us for us, so I hope people will consider joining in….

 ——

As parallel consultations are being launched on the latest proposals from the working groups on Naming and on Accountability & Governance, we are delighted to invite you to a webinar dedicated to civil society, on  April 29th at 1430-1600 UTC.

This will be an opportunity to provide an update and exchange views on the IANA stewardship transition with some of the key civil society participants involved in the transition work.

The latest agenda is as follows:

1, Introduction - overview of the Internet Governance ecosystem & ICANN – Adam Peake and Jean-Jacques Sahel, ICANN

2, How civil society participates in ICANN – Bill Drake, Chair of ICANN’s Non Commercial Users Constituency and Rafik Dammak, Chair of ICANN’s Non Commercial Stakeholders Group

3. Overview of the IANA stewardship transition process
a.     Presentation of the stewardship transition process – Rafik Dammak, Avri Doria
b.     Presentation of the accountability and governance review – Matthew Shears, CDT and Robin Gross, IP Justice

Conference calling details:

Adigo bridge 21912; full list of Adigo numbers at www.adigo.com/icann

AdobeConnect: https://icann.adobeconnect.com/gseemea/.

Please register your interest at: europe at icann.org.