[NCUC-DISCUSS] ICANN Accountability - Indian Perspectives (A report)

Arun Mohan Sukumar arunmohan.s at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 11:49:04 CEST 2015

Hello,

Last month (March 13), the Centre for Communication Governance at the
National Law University New Delhi, held day-long round-table sessions on
ICANN Accountability concerns.  The event was supported by the National
Internet Exchange of India and the Department of Electronics and
Information Technology, Government of India. Attached to this mail is a
report of the conference - a document that we believe for the first time
articulates diverse Indian perspectives and comments on the IANA transition
and ICANN accountability.

The roundtable discussants were briefed by an ICG and NCUC member Milton
Mueller and CCWG co-chair Mathieu Weill. The Q&A with them, transcribed in
this report (faithfully we hope!) highlights some of the concerns that
Indian stakeholders have on Work Streams 1 and 2 of the ICANN
Accountability Track.

Its a fairly exhaustive (25 pages) report, but we hope you will find it
useful and informative. Your feedback, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Best,
Arun

--

@arunmsukumar <http://www.twitter.com/arunmsukumar>