[NCUC-DISCUSS] Statement on Internet at Panama OAS Summit

DeeDee Halleck deedeehalleck at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 14:10:34 CEST 2015

In case you missed it, this is the paragraph concerning the internet that
was included in the speech by Raul Castro yesterday.

"*…It is unacceptable that less than ten big corporations, mostly American,
determine what is read, watched or listened to worldwide. The Internet
should be ruled by an international, democratic and participatory
governance, particularly concerning its content. The militarization of
cyberspace, and the secret and illegal useof computer systems to attack
other States are equally unacceptable. We shall not be dazzled or colonized
again.**”*

I don’t have the Spanish original so I am not sure what is meant
by “concerning its content.”

DeeDee

--
http://www.deepdishwavesofchange.org