[NCUC-DISCUSS] Announcement: New NCUC Travel Support Policy

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at egyptig.org
Thu Sep 25 15:11:37 CEST 2014

Hey Bill,

This is truly awesome. A hearty “well-done” to you and the rest of the NCUC EC. This is certainly a wonderful initiative that will help NCUC members involved in policy work get support from the constituency enabling their participation to be more effective.

I was wondering if it is possible to suggest some additions to the criteria:

On Sep 25, 2014, at 11:26 AM, William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com> wrote:

[SNIP]

> At least two months prior to each ICANN meeting, the NCUC Executive Committee (EC) will send a call for proposals to the ncuc-discuss list inviting applications.
>
> To receive NCUC travel support, applicants must be NCUC members in good standing who:
>
> 1.  Voted in the previous year’s NCUC election, if eligible at the time;
>
> 2.  Are actively and verifiably engaged in NCUC's work, for example constituency governance, NCUC/NCSG policy discussions, or GNSO Working Groups;

Perhaps some sort of criteria to be added here regarding the level of participation in working groups, like the applicant's attendance record in working group calls?

> 3.  Need to be at a given meeting because the above mentioned work will be advanced there;
>
> 4.  Agree to participate in the NCUC, NCSG and GNSO meetings to be held during the meeting;
>
> 5.  Agree to write a brief post-trip report for the NCUC website reflecting on the meeting’s main developments of relevance to NCUC;
>
> 6.  Did not receive NCUC funding to attend the immediately previous ICANN meeting, unless exceptional circumstances require their presence at two consecutive meetings.

Or a lack of other applications meeting the other requirements? My thoughts here are if there is a good application for someone who has attended an immediately previous meeting, with no other applications that meet the other criteria. Although this might fall under the provision of exceptional circumstances, so may not be necessary.

Thanks.

Amr