[NCUC-DISCUSS] Welcome Maryam Bakoshi

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Sun Sep 21 05:31:59 CEST 2014

Welcome Maryam, and I look forward to working with you.

Regards

David

On 20 Sep 2014, at 5:11 pm, William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello

I have mentioned several times on this list over the past year that in response to NC concerns that some of us volunteers were necessarily bogged down in administrative work that limited their ability to engage in policy work, staff was considering providing us with part time administrative support as a one year pilot project which, if successful, will hopefully be renewable.  Staff have now hired someone to help us, as well as NCSG and NPOC (⅓ ⅓ ⅓ time split).  Her name is Maryam Bakoshi. She is UK-based, used to work at Accenture, and has a MSc in Information Technology from the University of Nottingham, so she can be of assistance in particular with respect to our e-stuff, e.g. management of mail lists, member data base, the website, conduct of elections, etc, as well as meeting related tasks.  I spent an hour on the phone with her last night and she’s very nice, so I’m sure we are going to be able to evolve a very good working relationship that will be beneficial to all of us in the noncommercial space.

Maryam is now subscribed to this mail list so she can develop a good feel for the community she’ll be working with.  We very much welcome her to the neighborhood!

Best

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer