[NCUC-DISCUSS] Status of Election Candidate Statements

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Wed Nov 26 14:05:51 CET 2014

On Nov 26 19:50, Norbert Klein (nhklein at gmx.net) wrote:

> On 11/26/2014 06:19 PM, Timothe Litt wrote:

> >Personally, I prefer a web-based process (assuming it's secure) -

> Please don't forget that some NCUC members have very slow and not
> stable Internet access. Mail comes always through, but sometimes it
> takes several attempts.

There's no good reason not to provide both web-based
and email-based verification method. Web-based system alone
is not ideal, not only because some people lack web access
but email is also better as an attention-getter.

So my preference is sending verification requests by mail
and then accepting confirmations or corrections either
by web interface (easier to manage) or by email
(which generally needs manual handling, but
should be no problem as a backup for those who
can't access the web interface).

Indeed that was the original plan, but time constraints
and life intervening... let's say slowed it down.

--
Tapani Tarvainen