[NCUC-DISCUSS] Status of Election Candidate Statements

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Wed Nov 26 09:28:25 CET 2014

Hi

Unless I’ve missed something in my mail swamp, we have received candidate statements from only 4 of the 10 people nominated for the 2015 EC; they are flagged below with an asterisk:

1.  Chair 						Bill Drake						(nominated by Avri Doria)
2.  EC – Europe					Stefania Milan					(self-nomination)
3.  EC – North America		 	*Roy Balleste					(self-nomination)
4.  EC – Latin America/ Caribbean 	João Carlos R. Caribé				(self-nomination)
5.  EC – Asia/Australia/Pacific		*Walid Al-Saqaf					(nominated by David Cake)
							*Imran Ahmed Shah				(self-nomination)
							Peter Green (aka Zuan Zhang)		(nominated by Ed Morris)
6.  EC - Africa					Grace Githaiga					(self-nomination)
							*Lorin Ekpe					(self-nomination)
							Hago Dafalla					(self-nomination)

The rest of us need to submit by Sunday 30th or we will not be listed on the ballot.  That includes three nominees with uncontested candidacies; if that situation persists, the election can’t fill the EC and is a bust.  So let’s please find the time to send something.  When we have all statements in we will give the names to ICANN staff to pull the trigger 1 December and the voting will finally be underway.  (next year I’d like to try shortening the cycle a bit)

A reminder on receiving e-ballots: Maryam Bakoshi has been sending messages to the addresses we have in our member data base confirming that they are still valid and should receive a ballot on 1 December.  So far there are still quite a few members who have not responded.  If you have not and wish to participate,
please send an email to her Maryam Bakoshi maryam.bakoshi at icann.org <mailto:maryam.bakoshi at icann.org> so she can check it against the data base.  Please do this as soon as possible. While you’re at it, you might want to double check that you are correctly listed at http://www.ncuc.org/about/members/ <http://www.ncuc.org/about/members/>  as well.

Thanks,

Bill