[NCUC-DISCUSS] NetMundial contribution on online self-organization

Milan, Stefania Stefania.Milan at EUI.eu
Tue Mar 11 08:50:15 CET 2014

Hi NCUCers
i would like to draw your attention to a content submission that Antonella Pizzaleo (ISOC Italia) and myself submitted to NetMundial, under the "principles" rubric. As off-topic as it might seem, we wanted to throw it in to draw some attention to what we believe is an important issue for many online dissidents, social movements and individual activists. To be fair, it could have benefit from more work, thinking and re-writing, but time was short, and it is sometimes better to have a foot in the door than nothing.

The submission is online here<http://content.netmundial.br/contribution/safeguarding-the-right-to-self-expression-and-self-organization-on-the-internet/278> - however, there is a typo in the first line of the principle, which reads "collection action" as opposed to "collective action" (!!!). We are trying to get it amended, but there was no response or action taken so far. So, in the meantime you can read the correct text here<http://stefaniamilan.net/content/safeguarding>.

Enjoy! Stefania
----------------------
Stefania Milan, PhD
Data J Lab || Tilburg University, the Netherlands || http://datajlab.nl ||
The Citizen Lab || Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto || http://citizenlab.org ||
European University Institute || www.protestsurvey.eu/ ||
Center for Media and Communication Studies, Central European University || www.cmcs.ceu.hu ||
International Association for Media and Communication Research - International Council member and Co-Chair, Communication Policy Task Force || www.iamcr.org ||
Executive Committee, Non-Commercial User Constituency, ICANN
mobile: [31] 62 7875 425 (NL) || [1] 647 - 973 - 6533 (CA) || [+39] 333 - 2309945 (I)
http://stefaniamilan.net/

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited without the express permission of the sender. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.