[NCUC-DISCUSS] Preparation for Executive Committee mtg

Baudouin SCHOMBE b.schombe at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 11:11:07 CET 2014

Hello,
Apologies in advance if it turns out that I am off topic. However, after
several discussions and exchanges at the DRC and with certain actors in the
countries of Central Africa , the major concerns of the show the following
points regarding paragraph 72 of the Tunis Agenda :

*a)      Facilitate the exchange of information and best practices, and in
this regard make full use of the expertise of the academic, scientific and
technical communities.*

*b)     Advise all stakeholders in proposing ways and means to accelerate
the availability and affordability of the Internet in the developing world.*

*c)      Strengthen and enhance the engagement of stakeholders in existing
and/or future Internet governance mechanisms, particularly those from
developing countries.*

*d)     Identify emerging issues, bring them to the attention of the
relevant bodies and the general public, and, where appropriate, make
recommendations.*

*e)      Contribute to capacity building for Internet governance in
developing countries, drawing fully on local sources of knowledge and
expertise.*

*f)       Promote and assess, on an ongoing basis, the embodiment of WSIS
principles in Internet governance processes.*

*g)      Discuss, inter alia, issues relating to critical Internet
resources.*

*h)     Help to find solutions to the issues arising from the use and
misuse of the Internet, of particular concern to everyday users.*

*73.        The Internet Governance Forum, in its working and function,
will be multilateral, multi-stakeholder, democratic and transparent. To
that end, the proposed IGF could:*

*a)      Build on the existing structures of Internet governance, with
special emphasis on the complementarity between all stakeholders involved
in this process – governments, business entities, civil society and
intergovernmental organizations. *

*b)     Have a lightweight and decentralized structure that would be
subject to periodic review.*

*c)      **Meet periodically, as required. IGF meetings, in principle, may
be held in parallel with major relevant UN conferences, inter alia, to use
logistical support. *

While the evolution of thematic exchanges are not the same as at the
African sub- regions and other continents, but the fact is bitter because
over 60% of actors are not very well impregnated the Forum process on
governance internet both in official institutions at the level of ICT
companies , ICT service providers ... despite the efforts that we continue
to deploy regularly.

I propose that the NCUC benefits each event organizing shows cases in this
direction with its members. This allows to identify gaps to bring them
problematic to be placed on the agenda for future meetings .

*SCHOMBE BAUDOUIN*
*REPRESENTANT OFFICIEL TICAFRICA ET CYBERVILLAGE at FRICA/RDC*

*COORDINATION NATIONALE CAFECCOORDINATION NATIONALE REPRONTIC*

Téléphone mobile:+243998983491/+243813684512
email                  : b.schombe at gmail.com
skype                 : b.schombe
blog                    : http://akimambo.unblog.fr