[NCUC-DISCUSS] notes from the Chaos Communication Congress

Joana Varon joana at varonferraz.com
Tue Jan 7 14:50:03 CET 2014

Dear Stefania and all,

I was also able to make it to #30c3 on my personal capacity/vacations and
it was also a very exciting/interesting/enlightening experience. It is a
very powerful and engaged community which is currently more and more
conscious about the need to address internet governance issues in the
political sphere, besides technical development.

I managed to talk to some about the Brazilian meeting, thought it is still
far away from most of their work, I've had very very interesting
conversations. I'm totally up to think about how to mix these communities a
little bit in the future (under the surveillance thematic probably?, so
feel free to ping me if you wish.

For those willing to watch some of the panels at 3C, for a start, I truly
recommend watching the presentation from Jacob Applebaum about the catalog
of surveillance tools from the NSA that was released by Der Spiegel during
the event. Quite overwhelming indeed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0w36GAyZIA

all the best,

joana