[NCUC-DISCUSS] next WGEC meeting - update

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 08:27:57 CET 2014

Hi

On Feb 17, 2014, at 7:55 AM, joy <joy at apc.org> wrote:

> There are 4 NCUC members participating in the WGEC meeting as civil society members: Grace Githaiga, Avri Doria, Carlos Afonso and myself. Avri and I have also been working on some draft recommendations -  will share these separately

Would any of you maybe consider writing something individually or collectively for the NCUC Singapore conference website, even if only like two paragraphs, on what comes out of the Feb. meeting and what it means for the ten year debate on creation of new mechanisms for orphan issues or at least accessing available resources more effectively etc.  The fourth and last session on the conference program deals with “Institutional Innovation”---the various ideas out there which could pop up in Sao Paulo, both multilateral and multistakeholer, e.g. in the latter case something with a lighter, information aggregation/good practice sharing/knowledge-bank/clearing house character.  It would be really nice if we had some handy backgrounders linked from below each session description from different stakeholder groups, but irrespective of whether anyone else decides to provide these, it’d be really nice if at least NCUC put out its own takes on the issues for its own conference. And got recognition for its members deep engagements and good works….?

Bill