[NCUC-DISCUSS] Request for contributions: background resources for Singapore

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 17:31:36 CET 2014

Dear all,

During preparations for NCUC event in Singapore people evaluated that it
would be interesting if we can have a repository of relevant background
material (documents, posts, articles) that would contribute to the
understanding of the main topics that will be discussed. I volunteered to
try to facilitate that, together with Rafik.

The four main topics on the agenda of our meeting are: a) overall
agenda-setting initiatives (all the panels, committees, movements, etc); b)
Principles for Internet Governance; c) institutional evolution of ICANN and
globalization; d) evolution of the broad ecosystem and institutional
innovation.

It would be great if we could collect and put in one place resources to
these main topics. They could be useful not only to the upcoming meetings,
but also to all people that would like to follow-up on these issues beyond
Singapore and Brazil, as they will probably remain in our agendas for some
time. And if a broader NCUC library does not exist (if it does, please
apologize and point me to it), this could be a starting point for creating
one. That would be super cool, I think, specially to newcomers.

Links to documents would be preferable, but sending the file is also
possible. In the case of files, please send them directly to me to avoid
overloading people's mail boxes.

 We thank you very much in advance for your contribution.

Best wishes,
Marília
Ps: Some of us have started these repositories. Adam, for instance, put
together a list of documents on principles now available in Net Mundial
website. They are already a good starting point, so this info would also be
valuable.

Best,
Marília

--
*Marília Maciel*
Pesquisadora Gestora

Researcher and Coordinator
Center for Technology & Society - FGV Law School
http://direitorio.fgv.br/cts

DiploFoundation associate
www.diplomacy.edu