[NCUC-DISCUSS] Fellowship Application Round Now Open for June 2015 ICANN Meeting in Buenos Aires

João Carlos Rebello Caribé caribe at entropia.blog.br
Thu Dec 11 23:31:32 CET 2014

We are working on it here at Brazil Bill.

Two days ago Daniel Fink (ICANN Manager Stakeholder Engagement) organized one webinar about the Fellowship program with us, five Brazilian ex-fellows with around 35 very interested attenders.

On the row I suggested to Daniel for next steps to organize a series of short webinars, with no more than 15 minutes each one, as one short version of newcomers day, with local presenters.

Also I see with good eyes the creation of one kind of "application mentors group" to help the applicants, I had this kind of support from Magaly Pazello when I first applied for Fellowship, and was very useful. It's important for candidate know a little about ICANN's structure and function, as the same way like applying for a job when we study the employer in order to understand their structure, principles values, etc...

That's my $ 0,02

Joao Carlos Caribe