[NCUC-DISCUSS] Welcome to our new NCUC members

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Tue Dec 23 17:04:32 CET 2014

Hello

Since most everyone subscribed to NCUC-discuss is also subscribed to NCSG-discuss, you probably will have seen Rafik’s message yesterday welcoming new NCSG members.  The following individuals and organizations also elected to join NCUC and have now been added to this list, the membership data base, and the web listing http://www.ncuc.org/about/members/ <http://www.ncuc.org/about/members/>.  So again we are delighted to welcome

> On Dec 22, 2014, at 7:04 AM, Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com> wrote:

> *Organisations:
>  Access Humboldt,	Sean McLaughlin,	USA
> Center for Democracy & Technology, Matthew Shears, USA
> *Individuals:
> Joy Liddicoat, New Zealand
> Arsene Tungali,Democratic Republic of Congo
> Rao Naveed Bin Rais, Pakistan
> Monika Zalnieriute, Lithuania
> Jean-Jacques Subrenat,France
> Shabnam Shafiei, Iran

Greetings to all, great to have you on board.  Please feel free to introduce yourself to colleagues here and share any particular interests and activities related to NCUC, ICANN, etc.

Just a reminder, the ncsg-discuss list is for stakeholder group-wide discussions, mostly with respect to GNSO issues and processes, while this ncuc-discuss list is for the constituency only and focuses on our internal views and positions on these and other ICANN/Internet governance, as well as our intra-organizational development.

You’re joining at a particularly frenzied moment as we prepare for the Noncontracted Parties House meeting in Washington DC in January and the ICANN meeting in Singapore in February.  There’s a lot going on at the moment both in terms of substantive policy processes and our internal administrative in light of the recently completed NCUC EC election.

In addition to the NCSG pointers Rafik provided in his post, if you have the time and interest in getting a bit more background, you might want to poke around in

www.ncuc.org <http://www.ncuc.org/>

Much more to come in the new year….

Bill