[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC @ NETmundial?

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 19:37:58 CEST 2014

Remote participation:
The list of hubs around the globe and their addresses can be found here:
http://netmundial.br/remote-participation/

Hubs will be able to send comments (some chat and video, others chat
comments) to NETmundial. There will be a "queue"  for remote participants,
as there will be for other stakeholder groups, so the idea is to bring
remote participants in on very fair grounds.

If there is a hub in your city, I would personally encourage you to follow
Net Mundial in the company of others in a hub. It is a very enriching
experience and an opportunity for community building and networking. Of
course, anyone can connect individually, from wherever they are.

Best wishes,
Marilia

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 6:02 AM, William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I asked last week who's coming to NM because ICANN staff wanted to set up
> comm channels for ICANNauts in attendance who might like to chat and
> coordinate etc., and there will probably be varying side meetings etc.  It
> appears there will be at least 40 NCUC members in Brazil, maybe more….we’ll
> probably be the single largest ICANN contingency there, although staff may
> come close.
>
> Anyway, they have now set up a Skype channel and will do an email list as
> well.  They were going to just add peoples’ addresses but I suggested
> making this opt in, as maybe some folks won’t want to be bothered.  So if
> anyone wants to add multistakeholder comm lines in parallel with all their
> civil society channels etc, just let us know and I or someone else will add
> you to the Skype, and when the mail list is up I’ll send the subscription
> URL.
>
> It will be a very hectic week starting Tuesday with the Civil Society
> Coordination meeting, of which NCUC is a co-sponsor
> http://bestbits.net/events/netmundial-coordination, and which many of us
> will attend.  Also there are invite-based academic pre- and post-meetings
> organized by Brazilian NCUC members, and the NM itself on
> Wednesday-Thursday.
>
> For the NM, the organizers are really desperate to have inputs from the
> community on the draft document.  Stakeholders from around the world are
> inputting comments at http://document.netmundial.br and I would heartily
> encourage any NCUCers with the bandwidth and interest to join the fray.
>
> NM will of course provide remote participation for folks who can’t come to
> SP.  There’s a series of hubs http://netmundial.br/remote-participation.
>   I’m not sure how exactly this all works but Adam Peake, who’s a CS on the
> Exec. MS Committee can probably answer any questions in his abundant spare
> time.
>
> Hope to see you F2F or virtually.
>
> Best
>
> Bill
>
> On Apr 12, 2014, at 11:35 AM, William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > So far 17 NCUC members have indicated that they will be at the
> NETmundial.  But looking at list of folks who responded to the Doodle, I
> can’t help noting that a number of members I believe will be attending (and
> are e.g. listed as being at the Best Bits civil society coordination
> meeting or the academic meeting before and after) have not done the Doodle.
>  May I therefore ask again that anyone who will be in SP fill out
> http://doodle.com/3axp7s5vrgkq9x8r.  I’d like to wrap this up, get it off
> my desk and send it to ICANN.
> >
> > There’s reason to believe we will be the most well represented part of
> the ICANNsphere.  It’d be useful for us to drive that home with ICANN’s
> leadership.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bill

> [...]

*Marília Maciel*
Pesquisadora Gestora
Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade - FGV Direito Rio

Researcher and Coordinator
Center for Technology & Society - FGV Law School
http://direitorio.fgv.br/cts

DiploFoundation associate
www.diplomacy.edu