[NCUC-DISCUSS] Hot topic session in BA

"Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Thu Oct 31 08:56:41 CET 2013

Hi Bill,

thx for moving foreward. 100 % on your page. Good approach. Two comments.

@ 1: we should discuss both process and substance. My understanding from the Bali discussion is that a. we have a procedural problem (how it is possible to organize an open and transparent bottom up preparatory process which includes all stakeholders on equal footing) and b. we have to discuss what our input could be into the substance which will include probably three issues i. principles, ii. institutional frameworks and iii. decision making procedures.

@ 2: The strategy panels remains a "mystery". Nothing is decided, no meetings have taken place, first steps will be discussed in BA but the final reports should be available end of January (that means the draft reports have to be ready around mid-January). Who will be able to produce meaningful results between the end of BA (November 24) and January 15 with X-mas and New Years eve in beteween? No clue!

wolfgang