[NCUC-DISCUSS] Scope creep and renegade was Re: NCUC Statement on PRISM?

Marc Perkel marc at churchofreality.org
Mon Oct 28 18:37:34 CET 2013

Hi Jorge,

If you don't think this is a new world order then you don't fully
appreciate how fast the Internet is causing humanity to evolve. The
Internet barely existed 25 years ago and is now central to humanity. You
also have to assume that the rate of change that has happened over the
last 25 years is going to continue. The Internet is a target that is
rapidly moving forward and we have to thing forward to where the
Internet is going to be and not limit ourselves to where it is and where
it's been.

We need to get out ahead of it and be proactive.

If we assume that in the future we will have far more powerful devices,
maybe even computer chip implants, how much control do we want
governments to have over the chip in our brain? When we can send
thoughts from one brain to another do we want the governments to be able
to intercept that? Do we want them to be able to send messages into our
minds?

And if you don't think we'll be able to do that then come back in 25
years and we'll see.

The Internet is creating a new world order. It's part of the evolution
of the universe. And if we don't deal with it then we might incur the
Wrath of Darwin!