[NCUC-DISCUSS] Scope creep and renegade was Re: NCUC Statement on PRISM?

Seth Johnson seth.p.johnson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 16:17:03 CET 2013

Right.  And representation is not enough for a democracy.  A democracy
is established by the people, establishing their priority in relation
to the government, and basing the priority of their fundamental rights
within the legal system through that act.

You can "participate" and even elect representatives in ostensible
elections in the international arena, but it's at the indulgence of
governments, not rooted in the people.

On human rights, just observe:
http://tbinternet.ohchr.org/_layouts/treatybodyexternal/SessionDetails1.aspx?SessionID=624&Lang=en

That's not what happens in a judicial or legal process rooted in the people.

Seth