[NCUC-DISCUSS] Fadi's strategy panels

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Thu Oct 17 01:49:24 CEST 2013

Being half-Italian, I tend to associate the notion of "blue ribbon" with
Grana Padano and Parmigiano Reggiano -- the rest is just the rest :)

I think things are still settling down regarding the short-term
agitation generated by the sequence of events starting with Dilma's UN
discourse, followed by the Montevideo Declaration and the proposed
Summit. In the IGF we will have a golden opportunity to better
understand the meaning of all this (or maybe not...). But for the second
time (the first was the Rio IGF) I look forward to an IGF :)

BTW, whoever thinks the proposed April Summit will be mainly Icann is on
for a big surprise. Dilma is thinking far beyond just the "phone list of
the Internet", as she calls it.

I think Fadi has launched (since he took office, and in good faith) a
complex process which would probably fit in a much larger/broader
organization. This will result in adjustments, reality checks (and
shocks) and so on.

Interesting times!

[]s fraternos

--c.a.