[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Election 2013, Next Steps: Nominations List and Candidate Statements

Remmy Nweke remmyn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 23:01:58 CET 2013

thanks Bill for this update.
Remmy Nweke

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 4:14 PM, William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> The nomination period is now closed.  Here then are the current
> nominations:
>
> Position Nominees Nominator
>
> 1.  Chair   Bill Drake David Cake (12.11.13)
>
> 2.  EC – Europe Stefania Milan Self (12.11.13)
>
> 3.  EC - Africa Hago Dafalla Self (08.11.13)
>
> Grace Githaiga  Rafik Dammak (18.11.13)
>
> 4.  EC – Asia and the Pacific Peter Green (aka Zuan Zhang 张 钻) Self
> (10.11.13)
>
> Imran Ahmed Shah Self (09.11.13)
>
> Walid Al-Saqaf Brenden Kuerbis (18.11.13)
>
> Pranesh Prakash Self (19.11.13)
>
> 5.  EC – North America Roy Balleste   Brenden Kuerbis (13.11.13)
>
> 6.  EC – Latin America Carlos Affonso Pereira de Souza  Carlos Afonso
> (11.11.13)
>

> Many thanks to all who have participated in this process to date,
> including of course the colleagues who’ve decided not to continue.  We now
> move to the second stage of the process, which runs from today November 20
> to December 3.   During this time, candidates should indicate whether they
> accept their nominations, and if so, submit statements here on the listserv
> responding to the standard set of questions we’ve used in recent years.
>  These are as follows:
>
> *1. Why do you want to serve on the EC?*
>
> *2. Provide a brief biography of recent experience, associations, and
> affiliations relevant to serving on the Executive Committee. Describe the
> relevance of your personal and professional experience to serve on the NCUC
> Executive Committee, and identify any conflicts of interests you might
> have.*
>
> *3. The EC performs several functional responsibilities for the
> Constituency.  What  level of time commitment can you bring to your EC role
> on a weekly and overall basis?  Describe any concerns or limitations on
> your ability to attend online meetings of the Executive Committee and ICANN
> Meetings in person. *
>
> *4. Communication with the membership is critical. How would you keep
> members apprised of your EC-related activities?*
>
> *5. How do you foresee NCUC’s function, scale, or role changing in the
> future? What areas of ICANN policy, if any, need more attention and why?
>  Be concise (200 words maximum).*
>
> I suppose that for incumbent candidates these should be answered in a
> manner that is both backward and forward looking.
>
> Ok, back to ICANN BA…
>
> Best,
>
> Bill

> William J. Drake
> International Fellow & Lecturer
>   University of Zurich, Switzerland
>   ICANN, www.ncuc.org
> william.drake at uzh.ch (w), wjdrake at gmail.com (h),
>   www.williamdrake.org

REMMY NWEKE,
Lead Strategist/Group Executive Editor,
DigitalSENSE Africa Media Ltd
(publishers of) DigitalSENSE Business News;
ITREALMS, NaijaAgroNet
(Multiple-award winning medium)
Published by: DigitalSENSE Africa Media Ltd
Block F1, Shop 133 Moyosore Aboderin Plaza
Bolade Junction, Oshodi-Lagos
M: 234-8033592762, 8023122558, 8051000475,
T: @ITRealms <http://www.twitter.com/ITRealms>
[Member, NIRA Executive Board]
Author: A Decade of ICT Reportage in
Nigeria<https://www.facebook.com/adecadeofictreportageinnigeria‎>
NDS Forum on Internet Governance for Development (IG4D) 2014<
http://www.digitalsenseafrica.com.ng>- June 5
Nigeria IPv6 Roundtable 2014 <http://www.ipv6forumnigeria.ng> - June 6
@Welcome Centre Hotels. Register now. Email: remnekkv at gmail.com
*Confidentiality Notice:* The information in this document and attachments
are confidential and may also be privileged information. It is intended
only for the use of the named recipient. Remmy Nweke does not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this e-mail. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify me immediately, then delete this document and do
not disclose the contents of this document to any other person, nor make
any copies. Violators may face court persecution.