[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Election 2013

KASWESHA kaswesha at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 15:37:42 CET 2013

I am James Njoroge Gitau from Nairobi Kenya, I am not sure whether I am
eligible to nominate but if I am I would like to second self nomination of
Peter Green.

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Edward Morris <egmorris100 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I would like to second the self nomination of Peter Green for the position
> of Asian representative on the NCUC Executive Committee. Peter stepped up
> for us when Norbert resigned and has worked feverishly to get up to date
> and truly represent his region on the EC.
>
> When Norbert resigned we had a bit of difficulty filling his slot. The
> logical choice was Rafik, until we realised he was already an ex-officiomember of the EC (we really do need Bylaws reform, folks)! Two members then
> stepped up: Patrick Lenihan, an American then living in China, and Peter.
> After corresponding with Peter, Patrick was so impressed with him he
> dropped out of the race believing Peter to be the better candidate. That
> should tell you something about  how impressive Peter really is.
>
> Let me address the elephant in the room: Peter is from the Peoples
> Republic of China. His government doesn't share the views of many in our
> Constituency, including me, and it is true that Peter works in an
> environment much different than most of us. I'm not much for corporate
> receptions, so I spent a lot of time with Peter in Beijing while others
> were elsewhere.  We had long talks about his background, his beliefs, his
> hopes and dreams for his country, the internet and the world. I truly
> believe he belongs with us and undoubtedly would make a superior Counsellor
> if given the opportunity for a full term.
>
> Ed
>

> On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 6:35 AM, PeterGreen <
> seekcommunications at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear NCUCers,
>>

>> Best wishes to you at this beautiful weekend.
>>

>> I am Zhang Zuan (aka Peter Green) from China Organizational Name
>> Administration Center (CONAC), a pivotal representative of the Chinese
>> community.
>>

>> I have been lucky to have joined NCSG and NCUC in March. Moreover, I have
>> long been overwhelmed by the honor of succeeding Professor Norbert Klein,
>> the “founding father” of the Internet in Cambodia, in late July, with
>> extensive appreciation and support from the incumbent EC members and many
>> NCUC individual members, to serve as the Interim Asian and Pacific
>> representative on the Executive Committee of NCUC.
>>

>> New to this Constituency, I have sensed openness, diversity and
>> integrity.
>>

>> As the Internet is increasingly growing to be the connector of the globe,
>> I see the Internet as “the Connector of Souls and Civilizations” and I am
>> personally most concerned about the public interest of the Internet. I
>> think it is the nature of ‘connectivity’ of the Internet that has made
>> ‘public interest’ prioritize activities like online “commerce” or
>> “business”,advertisement, etc.
>>

>> I do believe that my concept converges to that of NCUC, at least part of
>> that.
>>

>> Therefore, I would like to make a self-nomination to earn the opportunity
> [...]

*Cell-Phone +254 722 212171 or +254 721 274273*

Before printing this mail make sure it is completely necessary. THE
ENVIRONMENT IS EVERY ONE'S BUSINESS.