[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Election 2013

Dan Krimm dan at musicunbound.com
Sat Nov 9 20:42:24 CET 2013

A modest proposal:

How about instituting the "non-exclusive '+1'"?  ;-)

Also to be interpreted as the "+1 and keep 'em coming!"

I mean, this is sort of an extension of the idea of "seconding" a
nomination, except it now goes to "3rd-ing" and the whole set of positive
integers running out to infinity.

So if and when I "+1" a nomination here (and often I'm thinking it without
bothering to send the email explicitly) you can not necessarily assume I
will guarantee my eventual vote if there are several good candidates to
choose from on the ballot.  Gotta choose only one at the end of the day,
but it's best when there is a good field to choose from.  Endorsing a
nomination is not the same as endorsing for a vote.

Dan

PS:  I think some people here may be adding their explicit "+1" simply to
indicate their enthusiastic participation in the community, and I interpret
that as a good thing too.  I can't always be as active here as I'd like
these days, and when someone can actually get around to sending an email
that's sometimes a big deal in and of itself.