[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Event News

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Sun May 26 15:20:19 CEST 2013

On 26 May 2013, at 12:11, William Drake wrote:

>> In that light, might I suggest as an alternate topic  akin to "The Current State of Multistakeholderism in ICANN."
>>
>> The rejection of our reconsideration review request  has stimulated a lot of discussion across various ICANN communities. There are threads on the Registry and NTAG lists, for example, that are extremely supportive of our procedural position. Could this not be an opportunity for us to reach out to some of those who are supportive in other communities, see if they'll pop on a panel for a half hour and have an honest discussion about where we are on MS and where we may be headed? Could this not be an opportunity to demonstrate to the Board the breadth of opposition to the BGC decision and, as well,  cultivate our cross community ties?
>
> One imagines this matter will still be live in July and discussed in Durban.  It's not obvious to me that the optimal way to address it is an NCUC workshop with panelists etc., as opposed to a special cross-community meeting with the BGC, or even our standard NCSG-Board meeting for that matter.  But if there's greater member interest in going this route or some rather than in doing closed generics, ok we could try.  Let's hear from more folks.

One other possibility (complementary, not alternative) to is to create a statement on this.  I have been talking to some in the Registry SG and think it is possible that a statement could be crafted that various SGs, Cs, and individuals could sign onto.

One thing is that it would need to focus on the multistakeholder crisis at ICANN and not on the topics themselves, where we may have disagreements; disagreements we would prefer to handle through the multistakeholder processes.

I have a very rough first draft:

It is open to commenting.

avri