[NCUC-DISCUSS] CSTD WG on Enhanced Cooperation

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Fri May 3 10:06:33 CEST 2013

Hi

Thanks of passing this along Joy.  This is indeed an important process for civil society @ ICANN to keep abreast of, particularly given the conditions within other relevant CS networks.  We are lucky to have three members in the working group's five person CS contingent (you, Arvi, Carlos Afonso), and it'd be useful if, within your bandwidth constraints, we could have a little coordination and information flow, at least on the bits of direct relevance to ICANN, such as theme 6.  This being a UN process, and if history is any guide, it could happen that some of the less friendly governments will challenge the CS participants to clarify just whom they claim to be speaking for when arguing positions.  If there's been a bit of disclosure and dialogue here we might be able to strengthen your hands in this regard.  So let's keep the pipe open…?

Cheers

Bill