[NCSG-Discuss] Please Join in NCSG's Monthly Open Policy Meeting - Tue. 12 March (21:00 UTC) agenda & participation details

joy joy at apc.org
Mon Mar 11 02:55:50 CET 2013

thanks Robin - I will be attending and have no other items to add to
the agenda.
Regards

Joy Liddicoat

<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=NCSG+Open+Policy+Meeting+February+2013&iso=20130212T21&p1=1440&ah=2>

*

GNSO Council meeting audio cast: http://stream.icann.org:8000/gnso.m3u

*
> * *B. Discussion Issues (no vote)* * * *1. Policy vs.
> Implementation*
>
> Recent issues highlight an ongoing broader issue regarding the
> boundary between policy development and implementation work as well
> as the effective integration of policy development and integration
> work from the outset.
>
> In addition, the Council is increasingly asked to consider issues
> for policy guidance and may well need to look at the evolution of
> its own work and processes to accommodate this type of request.
>
> Recent discussions on the Council mailing list indicate that there
> is an interest to undertake further work on this issue. At the same
> time, ICANN Staff has published a paper
> <http://gnso.icann.org/en/correspondence/policy-implementation-framework-08j

an13-en.pdf>   that is intended to facilitate further community discussions
> on this topic.
>
> Further community discussion will take place in Beijing and the
> inclusion of this agenda item here serves to keep the issue on the
> agenda of the Council in the interim.
>
> ICANN Public Comment Forum on Policy vs. Implementation:
> http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/policy-implementation-31jan13-en.htm

Reply Comments Due by 14 March

> *2,  Whois Privacy and Proxy Relay and Reveal Study*
>
> At the ICANN Meeting in Toronto, Lyman Chapin presented the results
> of the survey
> <http://toronto45.icann.org/meetings/toronto2012/presentation-whois-survey-1

7oct12-en.pdf>  that evaluated the feasibility of conducting a future

*

*
> * *7.  What is happening with staff's Strawman solution & other TM
> issues for New TLDs?* * * *8.  Registrant Agreement Amendment (RAA
> Negotiations)* Background:
> http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-14feb13-en.htm

*
> * *B.  Open ICANN Public Comments* * * *1.  So-called "closed
> generic" or "private label" TLD debate.* ICANN Public Comment
> Forum:
> http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/closed-generic-05feb13-en.htm

Reply Comment Deadline: ?

> GNSO to provide policy guidance to board at end of comment period
>
> *2.  Revised New gTLD Registry Agreement Including Additional
> Public Interest Commitments Specification* ICANN Public Comment
> Forum:
> http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/base-agreement-05feb13-en.htm

Reply Comment Deadline: 20 March

> *3.  Whois Registrant Identification Study, Draft Report* ICANN
> Public Comment Forum:
> http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/whois-regid-15feb13-en.htm

Reply Comment Deadline: 31 March

> *4.  Preliminary Issue Report on Uniformity of Reporting* ICANN
> Public Comment Forum:
> http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/whois-regid-15feb13-en.htm

Comment Close: 22 March   Reply Close: 12 April

> *5.  Proposed Modification of GNSO PDP Manual to Address the
> Suspension of a PDP* ICANN Public Comment Forum:
> http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/pdp-suspension-07mar13-en.htm

Comment Close: 6 April   Reply Close: 28 April

> *6. ICANN's FY 14 Security, Stability and Resiliency Framework*
> ICANN Public Comment Forum:
> http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/ssr-fy14-06mar13-en.htm

Comment Close: 20 April   Reply Close: 20 May