[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Statement on PRISM?

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Sun Jun 9 09:40:06 CEST 2013

Hi Michael

Thanks for your note.  While I of course share your concern, personally I'd have to agree with the replies from Timothe and Jorge arguing that it's not an ICANN issue and we should concentrate on our mandate, which is demanding enough of people's volunteer bandwidth.  Moreover, there are other advocacy organizations and networks that are focused more directly on such issues that I'm sure will be making statements etc., so there's alternatives for folks who feel moved to engage.  But again, that's just my view, and if there is broad sentiment among  members for doing something, let's discuss.

Best,

Bill

william.drake at uzh.ch
www.williamdrake.org