[NCUC-DISCUSS] Durban Follow Up

DeeDee Halleck deedeehalleck at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 15:37:58 CEST 2013

Thank you, Wolfgang.  I too heard very positive response to the "African
School".  For me the missing element in the meeting was any active
participation by African representatives.  I wish there could have been a
school for ICANN to learn about the history and status of internet access
and use in Africa.  The only substantial contribution was the all too short
presentation by Nil Quaynor at the final public Board meeting in which he
was chosen to celebrate the Mandela birthday.  I would have like to learn
more about the internet in Africa from its "father" Nil and others who are
involved in the struggle for continental bandwidth and, yes, domain names.

DeeDee

http://www.deepdishwavesofchange.org