[NCUC-DISCUSS] The Surprising History of Copyright and The Promise of a Post-Copyright World

Dan Krimm dan at musicunbound.com
Mon Jul 8 05:54:55 CEST 2013

Copyright and Patents: from the "Progress" clause (Article I, Section 8,
Clause 8).

"To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for
limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their
respective Writings and Discoveries."

The rest from Commerce clause (Article I, Section 8, Clause 3).

"To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States,
and with the Indian Tribes."