[NCUC-DISCUSS] Facebook's censorship deal with the Pakistan government

Shahzad Ahmad shahzad at bytesforall.pk
Fri Jul 19 08:00:30 CEST 2013

Dear colleagues,

Just wanted to share this important development from Pakistan on the
sidelines of our ongoing Net Freedom public interest litigation vs.
Federation of Pakistan at the Lahore High Court.

Yesterday, Bytes for All, Pakistan sent an Open Letter to Ms. Susan Morgan,
Executive Director, Global Network Initiative (GNI) seeking her kind help
and support to investigate the Facebook's censorship deal with the Pakistan
government authorities. In last 12 hours, we have already heard  both from
Facebook and GNI. Both parties responded positively that they are looking
into this matter. As usual, we may not get any response from PTA and MoIT in
Pakistan. Will keep you all posted on the developments.

The letter is also accessible at the following link:

http://content.bytesforall.pk/node/107

Best wishes and regards

Shahzad Ahmad
Bytes for All, Pakistan