[NCUC-DISCUSS] Fwd: ICANN Durban Meeting: Travel Logistics

Tapani Tarvainen tapani.tarvainen at effi.org
Tue Jul 9 12:47:03 CEST 2013

If there're any Durban residents or frequent travellers in our midst:

Reading the below from Consticuency Travel left me wondering,
what's wrong with the regular airport bus in Durban:
http://www.airportbustransport.co.za/

Offhand I suspect it's simply that ICANN has made a deal
with those operators, but I'm ready to be corrected
if someone has better knowledge.

Tapani

----- Forwarded message from ICANN Constituency Travel <constituency-travel at icann.org> -----

Airport transfers MUST be pre-arranged & pre-paid prior to arrival in Durban!

The following providers are approved for booking transportation from the airport to your hotel.

Terra Nova:  Cost: R 330.00 (+ 4% surcharge for CC payments)

 *   Book via email to: icanndurban2013 at terra-nova.co.za<mailto:icanndurban2013 at terra-nova.co.za> (Contact Name: Inge)

EZ Shuttle:  Cost: R 365.00 (1-3 pax), and R 620,00 (4-9 pax) +5% discount for ICANN attendees

 *   Book via email to: info at ezshuttle.co.za<mailto:info at ezshuttle.co.za> and enter “ICC Durban 2626” in the subject line
 *   Book online at:  http://www.ezshuttle.co.za/login_form2.php   LOGIN DETAILS:  USERNAME: iccdurban2626 PASSWORD: shuttles
 *   All travelers MUST read their confirmation emails/SMS to confirm booking accuracy.

TAXI
Estimated cost: R 450.00 - R 580.00 ($44 - $57 USD)

Official taxi companies operating from the King Shaka International Airport:

 *   A Hassan Taxis +27 (0)31 564 0734
 *   Aussies Radio Taxis  +27 (0)31 309 7888
 *   Boshoff Taxis +27 (0)31 306 6330
 *   Checkers Radio Taxis  +27 (0)31 465 5573
 *   Eagle Radio Taxis +27 (0)31 337 2442

Accepted forms of payment may vary. If you plan to take a taxi, you should carry some local currency with you just in case.

Use Official Taxi Services Only! Always establish price, & accepted form of payment with driver prior to taking a ride.

----- End forwarded message -----