[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC @ Durban: African School on Internet Governance

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Sun Jul 7 12:18:18 CEST 2013

Hi

The program for the First African School on Internet Governance 9-12 July in Durban is now largely fix and available at  http://african-ig-school.events.apc.org/home/programme.   NCUC will be well represented among the faculty and speakers; members who will be talking at some point over those days include Carlos Afonso, David Cake, Avri Doria (who co-organized the program), Bill Drake,  Grace Githaiga, Wolfgang Kleinwachter, Tim McGinnis, Desiree Miloshevic, Magaly Pazello, and via APC (org member), Valeria Betancourt, Anriette Esterhuysen, and Joy Liddicoat (apologies if I missed anyone).  In addition, NCUCer Glenn McKnight has kindly offered to film and livestream the event.  The School will conclude with a session we're organizing entitled, "NCUC: The Challenges of Representing Civil Society in ICANN," which will be followed by an NCUC-sponsored social event.  It should be an interesting few days, so people who can't make it to Durban might want to check out the live-streaming of our session and any other bits of interest.

Cheers,

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer