Thick Whois WG Comments - with some proposed edits

Alex Gakuru gakuru at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 14 08:06:50 CET 2013

Hi Kathy,

For a moment, imagining what it would be like if I were the labelled 'bad
guy' to be vanquished both online and real life?

Thus grounded on below advise from my colleague Henry, I pray for us to all
think from The Original Position and choose to preserve individual
registrant's privacy on WHOIS data.

thanks,

Alex

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Henry Maina <henry at article19.org>
Date: Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 7:30 AM
Subject: RE: Thinking from the original position
To: Alex Gakuru <gakuru at gmail.com>

The Original Position is a central feature in John Rawls' social contract
account of justice as fairness set forth in A Theory of Justice

It is designed to fair and impartial point of view that is to be adopted in
our reasoning about fundamental principles of justice. It is the
positionof a free and equal persons who jointly agree upon and commit
themselves to
principles of social and political justice.

Its distinguishing feature is the veil of ignorance: to ensure impartiality
of judgement , the parties are denied knowledge of their personal
characteristics, social and historical circumstances.

See a book called A theory of Justice by John Rawls

HENRY O. MAINA
DIRECTOR
ARTICLE 19 KENYA/EASTERN AFRICA
P O BOX 2653,00100