Welcome new NCSG members!

Joao Carlos Caribe caribe at ENTROPIA.BLOG.BR
Thu Jan 3 22:28:27 CET 2013

Thanks Brenden!

It is a great honor that my organization the Movimento Mega ( http://movimentomega.org.br ) has been accepted as a member of the group.

The Movimento Mega, known as Mega Não, has acted strongly in grassroots activism of causes related to freedom of the Internet in Brazil, as well as works with politicians and interest groups with the same goal as ours.

In 2011 we were recognized internationally when conquistramos FRIDA Award in the category Freedoms. Because of this we realize the importance of participating in international forums related to our theme of action, and realize that we have to think global and act local, as our Internet is a "World of Ends".

I'm a Marketing professional, post graduate in digital media and act as a consultant when I am not involved in the causes of Movimento Mega occupying a significant portion of my time. If you really wan't to understand what is Mega Não and who I am, please read this Interview on Global Voices http://globalvoicesonline.org/2009/11/15/blogger-profiles-caribe-an-incurable-idealist-and-cyberactivist-in-brazil/

And I want to finish by saying that it is with great satisfaction that I will be present at the next meeting 7-11 April in Beijing in China, because I was one of those selected on the ICANN Fellowship program.

Happy New Year !

[]s
Joao Carlos Caribé

--
João Carlos Caribé
Publicitário e Consultor de mídias sociais
caribe at entropia.blog.br
twitter @caribe / skype joaocaribe
(21) 8761 1967