[NCSG-Discuss] Closed Generics [proposals]

clarinette clarinettet at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 27 11:11:13 CET 2013

Bringing to your attention:
"Ron Paul, former Representative and candidate for U.S. President, has
filed a complaint with ICANN <http://www.icann.org/> over ownership of the
domain names ronpaul.com and ronpaul.org, currently owned by Ron Paul
supporters. Dr. Paul says the current owners should give up the names
because he has a common law trademark on his name. There is some dispute
over whether the owners offered to sell Dr. Paul the names and if so, for
what sum. More here
<http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/11/ron-paul-files-suit-for-domain-name-leaving-supporters-bummed-but-fighting/>from
FoxNews, here<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/10/ron-paul-copyright_n_2658825.html>from
the Huffington Post. "