[NCSG-Discuss] Closed Generics are Against the Rules

Norbert Klein nhklein at GMX.NET
Sun Feb 24 19:17:45 CET 2013

On 25/02/2013 12:44 AM, Avri Doria wrote:
> hi,
>
> In which case, if I really wanted honey for some reason I would apply for .miele or .דבש or .asali
You might apply, having the necesary funds for these domains in other
languages and other scripts  - but many others will not, for economic
reasons.

I think that the expectation that the final version of the Applicants
Manual does provide an open field for fair play UNDER a new domain USING
A GENERIC WORD, is based on the expectation that ICANN regulations shall
not give control over a generic word in a closed way.

Norbert