[NCSG-Discuss] Closed Generics are Against the Rules

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Sun Feb 24 18:44:22 CET 2013

hi,

In which case, if I really wanted honey for some reason I would apply for .miele or .דבש or .asali

or register  honey.shop or honey.coop  or honey.ri.us or honey.eat or honey.farm or honey.food or .....

I do  not see the point of arguing about what content someone allows in their gTLD.  And to me this largely comes down to a content issue.  We are saying that everyone has a right to put content under the TLD .honey.  And I just don't see it.

I also see it as an association issue.  Why does ICANN have authority to tell a gTLD owner who they must associate with, i.e who they must allow to use the gTLD they have been allocated.

As I said, I think the gulf between the two positions is quite wide.

avri