[NCSG-Discuss] new-gtld-committee-not-sure-how-to-handle-closed-generic-applications

Andrei Barburas abarburas at IICD.ORG
Thu Feb 7 08:51:02 CET 2013

I am wondering why didn't ICANN open up domain registrations for those
generic TLDs so anybody can register their .app/.music/.whatever domain?

I think a lot of issues would have been avoided and from a revenue
perspective it would have been more profitable on the long term.

Yet, this is only my personal opinion about this matter...

*Andrei Barburas*

Community Relations Services Officer

International Institute for Communication and Development (IICD)

P.O. Box 11586, 2502 AN The Hague, The Netherlands

NPOC, ICANN member

Mobile: +31 62 928 2879

Phone: +31 70 311 7311
Fax: +31 70 311 7322