[NCSG-Discuss] Fwd: [liaison6c] Revised New gTLD Registry Agreement Including Additional Public Interest Commitments Specification

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Wed Feb 6 23:24:47 CET 2013

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen at icann.org>
> Date: February 6, 2013 2:17:59 PM PST
> To: liaison6c <liaison6c at gnso.icann.org>
> Subject: [liaison6c] Revised New gTLD Registry Agreement Including
> Additional Public Interest Commitments Specification
>

> Revised New gTLD Registry Agreement Including Additional Public
> Interest Commitments Specification
>
> Comment/Reply Periods (*)
> Important Information Links
> Comment Open:
> Comment Close:
> Close Time (UTC):
> 23:59
> Public Comment Announcement
> Reply Open:
> To Submit Your Comments (Forum)
> Reply Close:
> View Comments Submitted
> Close Time (UTC):
> 23:59
> Report of Public Comments
> Brief Overview
> Originating Organization:
> ICANN
> Categories/Tags:
> Top-Level Domains
> Purpose (Brief):
> To receive community feedback on the revised New gTLD Registry
> Agreement that includes certain updates and changes, including a
> Public Interest Commitments Specification
> Current Status:
> The current draft of the New gTLD Registry Agreement was published
> in June 2012 as part of the New gTLD Applicant Guidebook: Base
> Agreement & Specifications [PDF, 917 KB]. The New gTLD Registry
> Agreement requires various updates and changes, including the
> addition of the Public Interest Commitments Specification.
> Next Steps:
> ICANN staff will consider public comments on the revised New gTLD
> Registry Agreement and recommend any additional necessary changes
> to the Board for approval.
> Staff Contact:
> Daniel Halloran
> Email:
> daniel.halloran at icann.org
> Detailed Information
> Section I: Description, Explanation, and Purpose
> The New gTLD Registry Agreement is the contractual document between
> successful New gTLD Applicants and ICANN, and will govern the
> rights and obligations of new gTLD registry operators.
>
> ICANN proposes to revise the New gTLD Registry Agreement in
> connection with developments since the last posting of the
> Applicant Guidebook in June 2012 and a general review of the
> contractual needs of the new gTLD program. Among the proposed
> changes, ICANN has added the Public Interest Commitments
> Specification.
>
> The Public Interest Commitments Specification will require
> operators of new gTLDs to use only registrars that are party to the
> 2013 Registrar Accreditation Agreement (which is under
> negotiation). The Public Interest Commitments Specification is also
> a mechanism to allow registry operators to commit to certain
> [...]

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org