[NCSG-Discuss] 12 February 21:00 UTC--NCSG Open Policy Call - agenda & participation details

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Wed Feb 6 05:00:04 CET 2013

Dear All:

I hope you all will join in next week's NCSG Open Policy Meeting,
which is an open discussion between the NCSG Policy Committee,
including the NCSG GNSO Councilors and the entire NCSG membership.
The meeting is held next Tuesday, 2 days before the next GNSO Council
meeting to help prepare for NCSG's participation in that meeting.
Dial-in and remote participation details are below.  Also below is a
draft discussion agenda.  If anyone needs a dial-out, please let me
know at least 24-hours before the meeting to ensure we have enough
time to make the dial-out happen.   Thank you!

Best,
Robin

NCSG Policy Open Meeting
21:00 - 23:00 UTC

Other Time Zones:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=NCSG+Open
+Policy+Meeting+February+2013&iso=20130212T21&p1=1440&ah=2

Remote Participation Details:
Telephone:  http://ipjustice.org/ICANN/NCSG/NCSG_Passcodes.htm
Adobe Connect:  https://icann.adobeconnect.com/_a819976787/ncsg/

Draft Discussion Agenda:

I.  Discussion of Intercessional Meeting in LA
Update
Next Steps

II.  Preparation for GNSO Council Meeting of 14 February 2013
Agenda & motions TBD:
https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/GNSO+Council
+Meeting+2013-02-14

III.  Other Policy Issues:

1.  Special Privileges for RedCross, Olympic Cmtes, IGO's?
IGO-INGO Working Group
NCSG Input Statement

2.  Strawman Model & Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH)
NCSG Statement (link)
GNSO Response

3.  Prep for Beijing ICANN Meeting
Start to Consider: What policy issues do we want to discuss with
ICANN Board, with At-Large, topics for Public Forum?

IV.  Open ICANN Public Comments Periods:

1.  "Closed Generic" TLDs:
http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/closed-generic-05feb13-
en.htm
Comment Close: 7 March 2013

2.  Policy vs Implementation:
http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/policy-
implementation-31jan13-en.htm
Comment Close: 21 Feb. 2013
Reply Comment Close: 14 March 2013
ICANN staff paper - draft framework for discussion:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/correspondence/policy-implementation-
framework-08jan13-en.pdf

V. AOB?

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org