[NCUC-DISCUSS] "MEET THE CANDIDATES" ELECTION WEB MEETING Saturday 14 December 15:00 UTC

Remmy Nweke remmyn at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 19:41:34 CET 2013

thanks Nathalie/ Bill for all the efforts
Unfortunately i did not get to see any number from emerging countries so to
say, Africa and Nigeria particularly. Does it mean we don't have members
from these regions or telephone lines.
I think this got to be corrected once and for all. If we don't have
anything we have over 100m mobile lines, so why can't ICANN staff have
reason to have Nigeria and some African countries listed in the group calls.
We have got to correct this kind of marginalisation and building an
all-inclusive ICANN starts with all-inclusive constituencies.

Remmy Nweke
Executive Board Member
Nigeria Internet Registration Association

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 4:14 PM, William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch> wrote:

> Hello
>
> First, a reminder that our election runs through Tuesday 17th, so not many
> days left to vote.   Staff say we are presently at about 50% turn out;
> hopefully we can improve on this?  Again, we have some tight races that
> could be decided by a vote or two, and this is important to our credibility
> and advocacy within ICANN and beyond, so please do vote if you have not.
>
> Second, after some Doodling and discussion, we have managed to find a time
> to do an Adobe Connect web meeting in which at least 8 of the 10 candidates
> for the Exec. Committee can be available to take questions and chat with
> members.  This includes Walid, who was unsure until yesterday, when his
> wife gave birth to their son a couple days early (congrats again, Walid :-)
>  It may or may not include me, as I will be in London in meetings, and
> Grace, who will be in rural Kenya for the country’s 50th anniversary and
> may not have connectivity.  But we will try our best to be there.
>
> Staff has kindly agreed to assist us on a weekend when they’re not
> supposed to be working (thanks again).  So the meeting will be held this
> Saturday, 14 December, 15:00 UTC, for 60-90 minutes, depending on demand.
>  That time seemed the happy medium/median between candidates in the Western
> hemisphere and those in Asia, apologies if it’s not convenient for someone
> else.
>
> Avri Doria has kindly agreed to moderate the discussion and operate the
> Adobe Connect room.
>
> If you have never used Adobe, you might want to log on a couple minutes
> early.  You don’t have to install any software, just click the link, log in
> as guest, Avri’s approves your entry, and then you are in a space where
> documents can be shown, chat can be typed (private or to all), and sound
> can be received.  It also can be sent—usually the audio out works fine
> after you do the easy set up.  But sometimes people have trouble.  In this
> case, there are also telephone bridge dial numbers, below.  If your
> country’s not listed you can always use Skype or equivalent to call one of
> them.
>
> Staff will also generate a recording and transcript of the meeting, in the
> event anyone who can’t make it would like to check it out later.
>
> If you are able to participate, it would be sensible to have a look again
> at the candidate’s statements at
> http://www.ncuc.org/governance/elections-2013/ and consider whether you
> think our replies are sufficient, is there anything further candidates can
> clarify about their views, etc etc.
>
> I don’t think that this has ever been done before, but it should work and
> be value-adding to the election.  I hope you can make it.  Details below.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> *From: *Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine at icann.org>
> [...]

REMMY NWEKE,
Lead Strategist/Group Executive Editor,
DigitalSENSE Africa Media Ltd
(publishers of) DigitalSENSE Business News;
ITREALMS, NaijaAgroNet
(Multiple-award winning medium)
Published by: DigitalSENSE Africa Media Ltd
Block F1, Shop 133 Moyosore Aboderin Plaza
Bolade Junction, Oshodi-Lagos
M: 234-8033592762, 8023122558, 8051000475,
T: @ITRealms <http://www.twitter.com/ITRealms>
[Member, NIRA Executive Board]
Author: A Decade of ICT Reportage in
Nigeria<https://www.facebook.com/adecadeofictreportageinnigeria>
NDS Forum on Internet Governance for Development (IG4D) 2014<
http://www.digitalsenseafrica.com.ng>- June 5
Nigeria IPv6 Roundtable 2014 <http://www.ipv6forumnigeria.ng> - June 6
@Welcome Centre Hotels. Register now. Email: remnekkv at gmail.com
*Confidentiality Notice:* The information in this document and attachments
are confidential and may also be privileged information. It is intended
only for the use of the named recipient. Remmy Nweke does not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this e-mail. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify me immediately, then delete this document and do
not disclose the contents of this document to any other person, nor make
any copies. Violators may face court persecution.