[NCUC-DISCUSS] SCHEDULING NCUC MEET THE CANDIDATE SESSION

Hago Dafalla dafalla at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 18:18:49 CET 2013

ore me
Dear Bill;

   for me it's Ok  for Saturday 14/12/2013

   Hago Dafalla
Sudan

On Wednesday, 11 December 2013, 15:50, William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Grace

Sorry to hear it may not work for you, but I think we’ll have to go with it anyway.  If you can find your way to some connectivity at 4pm CET great, if not ok….in that case, maybe you could also send some comments to the list on Monday or something, although it’s late in the election cycle.

When staff have got the Adobe details I’ll pass them along and we go from there.

Best,

Bill

On Dec 11, 2013, at 1:20 PM, Grace Githaiga <ggithaiga at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bill
>Apologies for not getting back in good time. It is a very hectic time for me here with personal family engagements. Unfortunately I doubt that I will make it on saturday. Well, I could try but I am traveling to the rural areas as it is a long weekend starting tomorrow as Kenya celebrates 50 years. Unfortunately these plans were made earlier and there is nothing much I can do. Internet in the village is 50/50. And again I travel back to the City on Monday.
>
>My suggestion is that the meet the candidates call proceeds and if that is one qualification (I must say this should have been part of the rules for contesting to allow us plan ahead to avail ourselves), then I am afraid there is nothing much I can do. I guess a decision can be made.
>
>Warmly
>Grace
>

>> Subject: SCHEDULING NCUC MEET THE CANDIDATE SESSION
>> From: wjdrake at gmail.com
>> Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 10:15:35 +0100
>> To: Stefania.Milan at EUI.eudafalla at YAHOO.COMggithaiga at hotmail.comseekcommunications at hotmail.comias_pk at yahoo.comwsaqaf at gmail.compranesh at cis-india.orgrballeste at stu.educaffsouza at gmail.com
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have to write a final exam, organize two presentations, and do a ton of other stuff today before leaving for London tomorrow morning, so I’d really appreciate your help in bringing this to a quick and least bad resolution. I have to notify staff before leaving when we want the Adobe, get confirmation and notify the members, so really it would be desirable to pick a time in the next eight hours if possible.
>>
>> At present, Stafania, Grace, and Carlos have not responded to the poll http://doodle.com/v797437g87yfqyxn6rvf68uk/private. The results so far point to Saturday 4pm CET (3pm UCT) as the best option, the only person missing is Walid. Walid is there any way you could rearrange your schedule to make it? Given that there are four candidates for the AP slot and this will be the closest call, it really would be desirable to have you all on the call. Sorry, I know this is a bit presumptuous and unfair to ask...
>>
>> The only other possibility I see is Monday 4pm CET. I can’t make it (final exam) and neither can Roy, but our slots are uncontested so maybe it’s ok. The real problem is that it is just one day before the election finishes. That doesn’t give members much time to think, or screw around getting a new ballot and revoting if they hear something that changes their minds. It also doesn’t work as well as a general stimulant to voter turnout as an event held Saturday.
>>
>> Anyway, it’d be really helpful to hear back from you all ASAP as to how to proceed.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  Media Change & Innovation Division, IPMZ
  University of Zurich, Switzerland
Chair, Noncommercial Users Constituency,
  ICANN, www.ncuc.org
william.drake at uzh.ch (w), wjdrake at gmail.com (h),
  www.williamdrake.org