[NCUC-DISCUSS] "MEET THE CANDIDATES" ELECTION WEB MEETING Saturday 14 December 15:00 UTC

Milan, Stefania Stefania.Milan at EUI.eu
Wed Dec 11 16:25:35 CET 2013

A small clarification on my side: as I have mentioned to Bill, I might have connection problems. I will do my best to make it, but over the weekend I am attending a workshop with my students in Madrid, and I know from previous experiences the connection is rather unstable. Finger crossed!
Stefania

________________________________
Da: ncuc-discuss-bounces at lists.ncuc.org <ncuc-discuss-bounces at lists.ncuc.org> per conto di William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch>
Inviato: mercoledì 11 dicembre 2013 16.14
A: ncuc-discuss at lists.ncuc.org
Cc: William Drake; Nathalie Peregrine; Glen de Saint Géry
Oggetto: [NCUC-DISCUSS] "MEET THE CANDIDATES" ELECTION WEB MEETING Saturday 14 December 15:00 UTC

Hello

First, a reminder that our election runs through Tuesday 17th, so not many days left to vote.   Staff say we are presently at about 50% turn out; hopefully we can improve on this?  Again, we have some tight races that could be decided by a vote or two, and this is important to our credibility and advocacy within ICANN and beyond, so please do vote if you have not.

Second, after some Doodling and discussion, we have managed to find a time to do an Adobe Connect web meeting in which at least 8 of the 10 candidates for the Exec. Committee can be available to take questions and chat with members.  This includes Walid, who was unsure until yesterday, when his wife gave birth to their son a couple days early (congrats again, Walid :-)  It may or may not include me, as I will be in London in meetings, and Grace, who will be in rural Kenya for the country’s 50th anniversary and may not have connectivity.  But we will try our best to be there.

Staff has kindly agreed to assist us on a weekend when they’re not supposed to be working (thanks again).  So the meeting will be held this Saturday, 14 December, 15:00 UTC, for 60-90 minutes, depending on demand.  That time seemed the happy medium/median between candidates in the Western hemisphere and those in Asia, apologies if it’s not convenient for someone else.

Avri Doria has kindly agreed to moderate the discussion and operate the Adobe Connect room.

If you have never used Adobe, you might want to log on a couple minutes early.  You don’t have to install any software, just click the link, log in as guest, Avri’s approves your entry, and then you are in a space where documents can be shown, chat can be typed (private or to all), and sound can be received.  It also can be sent—usually the audio out works fine after you do the easy set up.  But sometimes people have trouble.  In this case, there are also telephone bridge dial numbers, below.  If your country’s not listed you can always use Skype or equivalent to call one of them.

Staff will also generate a recording and transcript of the meeting, in the event anyone who can’t make it would like to check it out later.

If you are able to participate, it would be sensible to have a look again at the candidate’s statements at http://www.ncuc.org/governance/elections-2013/ and consider whether you think our replies are sufficient, is there anything further candidates can clarify about their views, etc etc.

I don’t think that this has ever been done before, but it should work and be value-adding to the election.  I hope you can make it.  Details below.

Thanks,

Bill

Begin forwarded message: