[NCUC-DISCUSS] New gTLD program auctions

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 18:35:27 CET 2013

Dear all,

I am trying to understand better the new gTLD program auctions and, more
specifically, to understand what are the feasible options to invest the
revenue in a way that is public interest oriented and maybe development
oriented as well.

Has NCUC reached a common position about the auctions? If not, I would like
to join others who would be interested to focus on that. I am sorry if this
topic has already been discussed on the list before I join. If so, I will
search the archives.

It is my understanding that a proposal from civil society with a public
interest orientation could be supported by some govts as well. Actually,
some have been looking for inputs on this matter.

Thanks in advance for any information you can share about this.

Marília

--
*Marília Maciel*
Pesquisadora Gestora

Researcher and Coordinator
Center for Technology & Society - FGV Law School
http://direitorio.fgv.br/cts

DiploFoundation associate
www.diplomacy.edu