[NCUC-DISCUSS] Bylaws: Join With Us!

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Mon Aug 26 13:34:41 CEST 2013

Thanks, Ed. I appreciate your efforts (as well as Bill's and Tapani's)
on this. I am sort of handicapped by a tsunami of tasks in Brazil,
compounded by a family health problem (my 92-yr old mom, who is ok now
after nearly a month).

I will try to contribute. A quick note right now. I am not sure that
NCUC bylaws need to be under California's legislation, or even US
legislation. If so many of us (within and out of NCUC) are seeking ways
to build truly international governance on a multistakeholder basis, how
about trying to do our bylaws to reflect this vision, and not tie it to
a particular State? Unless, of course, this would mean being expelled
from the ICANN realm. After all, bylaws for a group do not need official
incorporation -- unless, again, we decide to create an NGO or such.

Am I delirious here?

fraternal regards

--c.a.