WTF?

Andrew A. Adams aaa at MEIJI.AC.JP
Fri Sep 28 02:07:32 CEST 2012

Fouad wrote:
> If you walk into an H&M store into the female or male section, you
> will see while colored T-Shirts carrying both of those strings and
> pretty much popular amongst the same group that is being talked about.
> So WTF, is it really that vulgar??? Should we have ICANN ban all that
> slang out there?

Not to mention that the World Taekwondo Federation would probably be rather
upset if you tried to ban their standard acronym from use in domain names.

www.wtf.org

Taekwondo, BTW, is an Olympic Games sport since 1988 at least (their web site
have an Olympic Games gallery from 1988-2012).

Their current web page uses WTF in various places as well as the name, for
example: "1st WTF Free Style Poomsae Video Content for Pan American Region".

Didn't we already have this conversation at some point? I'm sure I remember
the World Taekwondo Federation being mentioned before on this list.

Professor Andrew A Adams                      aaa at meiji.ac.jp
Professor at Graduate School of Business Administration,  and
Deputy Director of the Centre for Business Information Ethics
Meiji University, Tokyo, Japan       http://www.a-cubed.info/