discussion topics for NCSG with ICANN Board in Toronto

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Thu Sep 27 13:23:03 CEST 2012

Hi,

I think we have a divided set of opinions on this issue.

To me this seems perfectly ok and something I have expected since www talked about the new gTLD program in the GNSO.
But there are people I respect who think it is a horror that must be stopped.

But it could be interesting to see whether they think there is an issue they think they need to deal with (well not the full board but the New gTLD committee)

Maria Farrell <maria.farrell at GMAIL.COM> wrote:

>Hi Robin,
>
>A query, really, as I don't know if this is an issue we would be
>interested
>in; recent moves to object to mass registration of generic word (dot
>book,
>dot army) new gTLDs?
>
>Maria
>
>On 26 September 2012 18:16, Robin Gross <robin at ipjustice.org> wrote:
>
>> As we prepare for the upcoming Toronto meeting, we need to give the
>board
>> the list of policy issues NCSG would like to discuss with the Board
>during
>> our brief time with them.
>>
>> So please let me know if you have any suggestions and I'll start
>compiling
>> the list of discussion issues over the next few days.
>>
>> Thanks very much,
>> Robin
>>

>> IP JUSTICE
>> Robin Gross, Executive Director
>> 1192 Haight Street, San Francisco, CA  94117  USA
>> p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
>> w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org

Avri Doria